Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Reading Prompt #2

Readings: Egbert Ch. 2, Cummins Ch. 2, Richardson Ch. 3
What are "multiliteracies" as described by Cummins et al.? How does this relate to Egbert's assertions about the need for authentic materials to support ELL students' reading and writing? Discuss how blogs and blogging can be a tool for achieving these ideals with ELL students. Finally, describe your own experience creating your blog this week. Was it harder than you thought? What ideas do you have about the kind of stuff you want to blog about (besides what is required for this course)?
Remember, do not post your comments here. Please post them on your own
blog. Please use "Reading Prompt #2" as the title of your post.


I will also post Reading Prompt #3 in the next day or two. Please respond to both Prompt #2 and #3 before class next week.


Remember to also visit the blogs of your classmates, and post comments on their responses. You can find the links to the student blogs on the right. (Please send me the link to your blog if you haven't already)



1 comment:

Carol said...

Hello Dr. Wright,
Please check my blog for responses to the prompt concerning last week's materials. I am awaiting your posting of the questions to preview next week's assignment. I feel a bit paranoid thinking that they may have been posted, and somehow I cannot "see" them.

I tried Photostory3 and it is so much fun. But, I cannot post to Blogger. I wrote to Google--but I do not expect an answer. Do you have any ideas on how to post slideshows?

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Carol